9.04.2007

The Reveal and all that comes with it...

You know when you always go on missions trips u always expect God to do soemthing but you always underestimate what he is actually gonna do in your life but when he does change your life u can't help but just be in awe of how amazing he is and how he just had the perfect plan... let me begin with reveal day...Reveal day was the last day we were with my princessas as i like to call them...we the night before had taken the older girls shopping for new outfits for this special day...and i'm sorry i didn't blog about it but i will quickly mention it...i was heartbroken that dahy some of these girls had never gone shopping...they didn't even know there pant size...they were so used to getting hand me downs...and the idea of them getting to actually pick something they wanted meant the world to them...that was such a wonderful experience to be part of helping them jus tlike if they weer my sister...That night we told them what they meant to us...since we knew reveal day would be busy....and i told them this "all my life i wanted siblings but my mom couldn't have any but than i came here and somehow i have gained 23 sisters and this week has been the happiest day of my life...b/c God knew what he was doing all along he wanted u to be my sisters." i really did mean it...i mean i have so much love for these girls! but back to reveal day...lol...reveal day was just overwhelming so many emotions going on at the same time...it was awesome...i think to see the faces on those girls when they opened there faces was priceless they were like this isn't our house...lol...i mean u could hear screaming, crying, jumping just like u would see in any extreme makeover except these were my sisters...this was my family...these were my friends it was being done to and that touched my heart even more than any extreme makeover...I mean i can't tell you how much joy was in my heart at that point, i never ever ever ever want to forget that moment, i was able through God's help bless and bring happiness to the most beautiful deserving girls on this planet...and unselfishly...these girls brought out in my unselflessness...it wasn't about me ever it was about them and that wow i just thought wow that amazing....Then it was time to go upstairs to show the girls there room I went upstairs to the older girls room...(i felt in the last few days i had really connected with them...b/c they had really opened up to us) I wasn't sure who was in there but it ended up being people i really wanted to see like carol (the one i mentioned before about suicide) Philar, Nataly my beautiful little sister and Carolina....there reactions were all differnet but similar shocked...and touched and than the tears...Carol told me this " We alaways dreamed of a day like this but we never thought it would be a reality...it was just those things you dream of but never came true and i still can't believe its happening" I mean my heart was just so excited that God used us to make this girls dreams come true...i mean i can't even describe in words whaat i felt in that moment in time but i can tell u it was amazing! As alaways we had to leave and when we began to leave the girls (especially the older ones) just began to break down and weep...i mean some of them would not let go...some told me words that i will never forget "kristy i love" or "mi hermana linda" all i could do is just kiss and embrce them...i seriously felt like i had touched these girls lives and i had no idea i was doing so until that moment when all i could do was hug and cry with them...i mean Romy told us she didn't open up to her best friend until after 2 yrs of friendship yet she opened up to us 1 day after knowing us...wow...God that was so u...and at that moment she was holding me and telling me i don;t want u to go...my heart hurt...b/c i didn;t want to leave her or the other girls either...the love i developed for those girls was incredible i never thought i was capable of such a love! I left with no siblings and i cam back with 23 from Peru! I truly would do anything for those girls including scraping grout from the tile...lolThey are such amazing, intelligient, beautiful girls both inside and out...i thank God for loving them so much that he sent us down there to bless them...and despite there past or there lack of sel esteem about themselves...they still love and praise God...wow! Saying goodbye to them was one of the hardest things i have ever had to do in my life, i would go outside the door and keep coming back in for one last hug and kiss...i truly miss and love them...but like i told them i will come back! the connections i made with them i wouldn't trade for the world...i fell in love with those girls and peru all in 6 days...haha This trip was more life changing than i ever thought it would be i've been on trips before but see God choose every single person he wanted on this trip...by the short time to raise the money and the time of the year...only 32 people went out of 500 that said they were interested...and now that i'm home its evident why he choose each of us...not even did i fall in love with peru,my princessas, and God....but i developed new freindships with amazing people who want to live for God and just needed that nudge to get on fire for God and now have experienced what i did in Peru...who have this joy in our hearts that i can't get rid of...God you are just truly amazing...all i can say is wow! i would show u pictures but my camera is somewhere and if u want to see before and after shots of the house than you'll just have to go to flamingo road on chirstmas to see what happened...lol love u guys...thanks for your prayers!

1 comment:

Dave and Vicky said...

Kristy,
God has used all of you to make a life-changing impact on these girls like no one has. This will never leave them nor will it leave you. I love what you said about feeling so unselfish. We take so much for granted here. Thank you for your testimony and sharing this.
My Dad had an equally touching story.
Love...Vicky