8.30.2007

I LOVE LIMA!!!!!

Wow ok this entry will be long and emtion filled as today was my first official day in Lima with the girls...first of all i love Lima...i{m so in love with this town the beauty the people i just have never witnessed anything like this...i love it! im so glad i came! Well let me just start off saying right now that today was probally one of the most amazing days of my life and i don{t have many of those...i think i ve cried a river haha...today when we arrived at the girls house they stormed us excited and screaming...they were so happy we were there i got a million hugs...they were so welcoming and showed us there home...and so proud of where they live...we took them on the bus...and with all the people somehow i got lost and had no girl to sit with on the bus i was sad...wishing that God would give me a girl to connect with...and actually when i was in the states i really wanted to get to know the girl i bought my gift for Pilar...but i knew the chances would be hard since they were so many girls and so many of us...as i was sitting on the bus alone in my chair this little girl came smiling and said i ll sit next to u...so i said happily ok...and what is your name and she responsed PHILAR! wow! God your so amazing! your allowed this little girl to find me out on the bus not even knowing what i had wanted! Shes beautiful! she sat next to me...telling me things and invited me to sit with Tamara her friend...they told me all about there lives...everything from therer favorite color to what happened to there other siblings...one of there siblings died b-c of there mother being beaten while she was pregnant...it was so heartbreaking...it felt so good to just hug and cuddle with these girls and tell them how beautiful they are the joy in there faces made my heart melt! we then proceded to take them to there hotel...it was very exciting these girls were just amazed...and to give u an idea the hotel compared to a like shabby motel like motel 8 or something if even that...and these girls were like look how beautiful my room is ive never seen anything like this before...my heart broke once again...How blessed am i? i wont even stay in a freakin motel 8 and these girls think its a marriot! wow! Thank you Lord! We than explained why here and the girls were so ahppy all of them hugging and cuddling playing with us...we took them to the park...i asked if they ever come and they told us never...they had so much fun jumping rope and running races it was wonderful! We than went to the locomar (a popular mall and its very nice i might add) we went bowling with girls it was so much fun! Some of the girls had never been bowling before so it was quite fun teaching them how to bowl...i had all the younger ones...there face would light up when they would get a strike or spare....it was so cute...and it warmed my heart to see them having such fun! but the best part of my night was when we tucked them into bed...i was exhausted cranky had to pee...but the best part was when i said bye to Pilar she ran and jumped on my and gave a me a hug hug and a big fat kiss on my cheek....it brought tears to my eyes this girl has only known me for a couple hours....and the love she has for me....just i can{t even explain it that must have been the best kiss i{ve ever gottten in my whole life...i can{t just even explain the burst of emotion. So as you can see my day was just amazing...but i want to take the time to share so other peoples experiences...my mom...talked to a girl named Carol...she is 16...she told my mom that about her mom and her hate for her and what she had done to her...she told my mom...that she wanted to commit suicide today but b-c of my mom and the love in her eyes it reminded her of her mom and she wants to live a differnet life one...through God! wow ! God your are just amaizng! so now i have a new adopted sister in Christ yay! Something Dorcus (shes the campus pastors wife) said really touched my heart she was sharing how she met her husband...and her testimony...which is amazing...shes only 2 years older thasn me....but she said this....my whole life while i was single i was like why God is this happeneing im living for you and im a christian thats it but now 4 yrs later she understands that this whole time he knew he would call her to fulltime ministry and she would have to go threw worse times here in lima! those words they dug deep in my heart...b-c i to sometimes feel that way...why God but maybe in his plans he is preparing me to be a great leader in full time ministry....it inspired and encouraged me....TRUST GOD only he knows! everything is perfect in his time! I love you guys so much and i miss u but i am so happy to be here i love it and i already love thos girls so much! i will try to update evrynight but we will see...love u guys! pray for us!

2 comments:

Marcy Ribeiro said...

oh kristy, you know how emotional i am and i almost started to cry after reading this...i am so ex cited for all of you there adn especially you...the girls are blessed to have you there at this moment....you are so loving and awesome...Christ shines all over you...keep us posted and say hi to everyone...love you prima...marcy

Dave and Vicky said...

This makes me so jealous. I wish I was there with you guys. Thank you for sharing. I am praying for everyone's health and strength. Give my Daddy a big hug for me and tell Him we are praying for him.
Love....Vicky