2.23.2008

Miss Therapist in The House



So i was super excited for this semster to begin siiince it would be the semster i would counsel people (even though i have no idea what i'm doing) yes and they are REAL people haha....but as 6 weeks have past by i have begin to grow restless without a client...i mean it felt like everyone at nova had a client except for me and my co therapist! I would pray every week and than come in on thursday and nothing...well after my loong week of from school i recieved a rather eciting phonecall on Friday when my partner (co-therpist) told me we GOT A NEW CLIENT!!! yay! i can't say much about them because therapist have these stupid rules about keeping things private...lol but i can say God will truly stretch me because its working with s specific area that i guess i can't relate because i'm not married and i get frustrated with...haha But i can say that i'm totally excited i've been wanting to get in that therapy room and help some people!

But along with this super excitement like the first time you go to disney...is a nervousness because i'm not sure what to expect (This is my first time doing therapy with adults!) just like you don't know what to expect when you go to disney for the first time ever in your life! But i know its all in God's hands...i read the coolest devo out of my beth moore book about fear the other day about ... It was called don't fear it, pray it. It gave the verse isaiah 41:10,13...u should read it if you have a chance! It just talks about how we have nothing to fear since God is at our right hand and he will strenghten us and hold us up! wow thats so cool what an amazing promise! So instead of fearing the solution is to pray! It just reminded me of this because no matter how big this client's problem is with prayer God will give me the right questions to ask =)

Thank Jesus for finally giving me a client!!!!! Lets just hope my client isn't Mr. Hulk there it might make me frightened...haha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are just as excited for you today as when we read your text message in Texas!

You are an Awesome Christian Woman and will be a wonderful Family Therapist. Remember, God loves to work through His children.

Continue putting Him first in your life and He will put everythong else in its place.

Love you Princess!

Dad XOXOXOXOXOX!