3.03.2008

When you say yes to much....

If its something i realized this year is that i commit to easily to many things all because i hate the disappointment that comes in saying no. It feels to me like your letting down that other person but i heard something really interesting on Friday at my grandparents church (thanks Brian) See it's not really you letting that other person down. GoD gives us more than we can manage sometimes not so we can freak out and be super stressed out but so we can first delegate those responisblities to others and have them step up in there walk with God and second so we can realize wow this is to much for me to handle and fully depend and lean on him. I know as for me i have a really hard time letting things go and saying no but as i have realized the more i say yes a few things happen. 1. i get tired 2. i realize that there is no joy in what i'm doing. 3. i began to neglect those responsiblites and not put my heart and soul into them or others. 4. i miss out on the true blessings God has for me. 5. You end up disappointing more people See i'm a take charge person and i feel if i don't do no one will but sometimes i have to sit back and rem. to let others take those responsiblities and step up to the next level with God. As hard as it sounds i still struggle with it...i want to be involved in everything all the time but its not fesible for me to do so sometimes. Listening to what Brian said Friday made me realize that sometimes it is ok to hand those task to someone else and just depend on God to get you through those stressful times. I know for me the last couple months were that way and i have had to let go of alot of responsiblities at church and work and its been so hard but because i have done those things i have been able to see God lift people up and its amazing! And i have been able to enjoy my family and friends alot more. and also study for school ! So Yes isn't always the best!

Hope You guys had a wonderful weekend! i know i did here are the highlights:
-Game night at Carsons
-Beating the boys 5 times at catchphrase
-Going to bed at 5:30am
-Finding a cool dress on sale at Norka
-Spending time with nana and melissa
-Finding nana's wedding shoes
-Eating at beverly hills twice with my parents
-Bowling and actually getting a strike
-playing poker
-eating at crispers for the first time

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Princess,

You are the Bomb!

Love You Mucho!!!

Dad XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Carson Day said...

I am so stoked you stuck around for game night - it was a blast! While I'm sure those ladies are still a little shaken by my recorder performance, your laughter in the background made the night!