8.23.2007

Devian ♥

Yay last night to my suprise after i was getting ready to go to bed i saw a letter i had gotten from world vision...usually i don't look at my mail because i assume it was junk mail but this letter was thin and when i looked closely it read from TanZania! so i opened it and much happiness came to my heart! It was a long letter from Devian! Her mom wrote it for her because she is only five and really has not learned that yet. Before i go on let me explain who Devian is...see Devian is my special little girl...when i was at the women of faith conference in June they were talking about world vision and how its changed kids life...they even had a women speak of her sponsored child and how she got to go see them...well it broke my heart to see those kids in some of the places they were living and this was a good oppurtunity to give what God has given me and bless those in need...soo...i decided to sponsor a child...if u know anything about me...u know one of my dreams in life is to adopt an african child! and so now is kinda my chance...for some reason God has been putting Tanzania on my heart...its the place where alot of my friends have gone in the past year and i felt it would be awesome if that was the place i choose...so at first i asked for someone on my birthday but they had none from there and then and then the man told me i have this little girl shes five and shes from Tanzania and my eyes lit up...THATS THE ONE I WANT! so without even looking at her i choose her...and when i got her picture she was so beautiful! Shes one of God's little angels! She Lives about 1200 miles away from world visions headquarters...and she has her mother and father (whose names were mentioned in my letter) and 1 sister who is name is silvia and she is 11 yrs old. Than she has 3 brothers Adronick who is 13 also, Dankiton who is 9, and Faston who is 12. She lives with her family in a house made out of a grass thatched roof and mud walls...they own a small farm about an acre where they grow corn beans and bannanas and also coffee. They also have chicken and goats. She is from the nyambo tribe and she speaks kinyambo. It was so exciting to hear from Devian and her family...what a blessing when i opened that letter...Thank You God for the resources to sponsor this little girl and show her your grace and love! I would show you a picture of my adorable princess but i don't have a computer one...but shes adorable that i promise! i'm sure you will hear more about her as time goes on...just wanted you to share in my blessing =)

No comments: